As we continue our summer study of Genesis, this morning’s sermon is a Bible study sermon on Genesis 24.
Pentecost 3A – The Servant’s Task – A Bride for Isaac
July 2-3, 2011
Transition story – continuation of God’s call
- Problem: Isaac not married – promise of descendents threatened
- Jewish story of light in Sarah’s tent now rekindled
- the servant
- Rebekah – “I will go”
- God – keeps promises
What may God be saying to us?
- God remains faithful to promises
- God is willing to share the burden – prayer of Eliezar; “yoke” of Matthew text
- God is interested in all aspects of life
- God uses all people to further his promises – used Eliezar; used Rebekah
- Sometimes we don’t see God’s hand until later